Friday, July 19, 2013

Feliz Fajitas! ;)

As summer break is coming to a close, I am starting to get myself back into the routine of meal prepping/ planning for the week.  I don't know why exactly, but I have been on such a fajita kick as of late! So, tonight I decided to do work on some chicken and steak fajita strips.  I looooooove red meat, but I know that we really shouldn't eat it very often.  I like to call myself Miss Problem Solver.  I decided to cut my red meat servings in half, by replacing the other half with chicken breast (or... ground turkey breast in the case of tacos).  Mostly though... I was just looking forward to using the new knives that I bought my roomie for her birthday.  Haha.



Fajita-Style Chicken and Steak Strips

Ingredients: 

-1 lb. beef stir fry strips
-1 lb. boneless/ skinless chicken breast tenders
-juice of one lemon
-juice of two limes
-2 T. minced ginger
-1 T. minced garlic
-1 T. olive oil
-1 1/2 t. paprika
-1 t. onion powder
-1 t. salt
-1 large jalapeno, diced
-1 T. honey

Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and thoroughly coat the chicken and steak.  Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.  Next, preheat a large skillet, sprayed with non-stick spray, over medium-high heat.  I recommend cooking the chicken and steak separately since the chicken takes longer to cook.  Do not overcrowd your pan.  Cook the chicken for about five minutes per side, and then the steak for around three or four minutes per side.  Once all of the meat has been cooked, cut one more lime in half and squeeze over the steak and chicken.  You can saute some bell pepper strips and onions to use as fajita filling.  Or, you can top a nice, fresh salad with the meat.  Either way, you cannot go wrong.  It's protein-packed, low in fat, and full of flavor.  Not to mention, ginger is excellent for your digestion. Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment